Idaho is a beautiful state. I have so much more to explore before I’ve come close to seeing it all. One of my problems is that whenever I have vacation time, Sun Valley draws me back. Here’s a small sample of why I think Sun Valley is a small slice of heaven on earth.
In one (long weekend), I was able to do the following.
– Hear Bruce Hornsby and Bela Fleck play at the Sun Valley Showdown. (I had a fabulous dance partner, btw).
– Catch a glimpse of the ice-skating show with Johnny Weir.
– (Gain weight from all the decadent food I ate).
– Mountain bike amidst amazing Sawtooth scenery on the Fox Creek Loop.
– Visit the Sun Valley bike park for Luke to cycle brilliantly over the bumps (while the parents pretended they were kids again).
– Hear Jackie Evancho play with the Sun Valley symphony (albeit behind the fence because I didn’t want to pay $100+ / ticket to sit inside the pavilion).
– Bowl at the Sun Valley Lodge (ok, I admit I got coaxed into this one by Luke).
– Spend too much money on shopping, especially at a great boutique called Burnsie’s.
– Run along the bike path and in the hiking trails by the Sun Valley Lodge, huffing and puffing since I’m not used to the altitude.
– Play tennis with friends.
– Swim in half the pools in Sun Valley, much to the persuasion of my little one.
– Enjoy a lovely view of Baldy from our cute condo at Snowcreek.
P.S. I was exhausted when I got home last night!