This year I am boycotting turkey on Thanksgiving day, for a number of reasons. Do any of these apply to you?
√ I’m tired of turkey, even if it has been a year.
√ I don’t eat meat.
√ Turkey is not a sustainable choice.
√ Turkey and its many accompaniments are too expensive.
√ Preparing the turkey feast is too much work.
√ I’m so lazy I’m going out to eat.
I’m somewhere between sick of turkey and don’t want to spend my entire day in the kitchen. Not to mention, I end up throwing away half of what I cook anyway – which is so wasteful for the amount of money spent!
So I went looking online and found some wonderful alternatives. What looks good to you?
- Garlic and Herb Beef Tenderloin from Relish.com
- Prime Rib Roast from Southern Discourse
- Eggplant Parmesan from Start Cooking
- Pork Loin with Roasted Pears and Shallots from Relish.com
- Leg of Lamb from Start Cooking
- Roasted Shoulder of Lamb with Smashed Veggies and Greens by Jamie Oliver
And if that doesn’t help you, here are a few other suggestions:
- More sustainable alternatives like goose, pheasant, quail, duck, squab.
A little information about tufurky and other vegetarian options.
How to adopt a turkey.