This is another easy-to-pull together meal that tastes great and is super healthy, too. You can also whip this up with whatever you have in your cupboard and/or alter to include what you like. The secret ingredient that pulls it all together is the avocado cream. It even tastes good by itself and pulls all the tastes together.
Ingredients for Bowl
Note: I have intentionally not added increments so that you can pick and choose how much of what you want to add or if you prefer to substitute with something you prefer)
- Cooked farro (you can easily substitute rice or quinoa)
- Black beans
- Corn (canned, frozen are better yet, grilled on the cob)
- Chopped chicken (grilled, roasted, or baked; substitute tofu for meatless option or steak if you prefer)
- Chopped tomatoes
- Grated cheese (cheddar or another variety you prefer)
- Avocado crema
Cook the farro and place on bottom of bowl. Add all other ingredients on top and serve.
- 1 avocado
- 1-2 limes
- 2 TBSP sour cream
- 2 TBSP cilantro
- 1 tsp cream (optional, for thinning)
- 2-3 baby tomatoes
- Tobasco sauce and salt to taste
Combine all ingredients and blend in a food processor.